Senior Cloud Engineer
|Location||Costa Mesa, California 92626|
|Date Posted||June 25, 2022|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Senior Cloud Engineer – Hybrid needed in Southern California
Please Note: The position that you are applying for has a Hybrid Work from Home program where you come into the office three days a week and work from home two days a week.
Looking for a cloud services Engineer to support the organization’s journey into the cloud. The selected candidate will be part of a small team that is responsible for planning, designing, supporting the cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure) in a secure and efficient manner.
The selected candidate will be part of the Cloud Services Team that will evaluate, design and document networking solutions for public, private, and hybrid cloud infrastructure. Will provide all the technical guidance, design specification and solution level support for cloud connectivity and integration and collaborate with other infrastructure teams in supporting the public cloud.
- Work with business partners, developers and engineering teams to drive cloud strategy, adoption and migration processes.
- Develop target state and transition state designs for cloud adoption and migrations/implementations.
- Ensure full network availability and security during and after migration is completed.
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform, Powershell, AWS cloud formation.
- Collaborate with other technical teams to deliver product(s) and solution(s) level support.
- Deliver deployment design and as built documentation based on business requirements and best practices.
- Mentor and coach internal teams on cloud best practices
- Educate/train users on benefits of cloud and ways/methods in which to get there
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences including highly skilled IT professionals and senior management.
- Knowledge on Cloud Networking and Security best practices: Public (e.g., AWS GCP, Azure) and Private (Kubernetes) Cloud Technologies is desirable
- Knowledge of AWS and/or GCP architectural principles and key networking services
- AWS Global infrastructure, VPC, S3, EC2, Route 53, Transit Gateway, Direct Connect
- Experience with Containers and container management (Kubernetes/Openshift; Knowledge of Calico CNI is a plus)
- Practitioner-level network automation skills using DevOps and CI/CD pipeline practices: Python or Shell Scripting, YAML etc.
- Strong, technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
- Building strong relationships among the business and engineering team, managing customer expectations, and translating requirements into effective solutions
- Experience with Linux/Windows Enterprise Server Operating Systems
- Experience reviewing and analyzing audit logs and able to mitigate as needed
- Experience supporting production workloads and/or applications in a cloud-based environment
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute effectively; Have a strong orientation towards achieving results
- Agile/Scrum Experience
- 5+ years of experience in Enterprise Networking
- 3+ years of experience on Data Center design
- 3+ Years of experience with a Public Cloud Provider (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with networking principles and technologies (DNS, Load Balancers, Shared VPCs, VPN Solutions)
- Knowledge of IAAC: Ansible, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure RM template
- Solid understanding of client/server, networking (route/switch) and Internet technologies
- Knowledge of Networking technologies such as TCP/IP, BGP
- Knowledge of Network and Cloud Security Models
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
No Corp to Corp
No third party candidates considered for this position
If qualified and interested in this opportunity, please reply to JO#6699 along with a copy of your updated resume.