Senior Data Engineer
|Date Posted||May 29, 2022|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Senior Data Engineer - Full Time Remote*
*Please Note: This position is remote, however you must reside within driving distance of the offices in Los Angeles, Irvine, CA or Dalla, TX areas to attend meetings and team collaboration.
The Senior Data Engineer is a member of the Insurance Data Team. They will play a critical role on the team developing data pipelines for ingestion and enablement in data warehouses, data lakes and public/private cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, CDP, etc.)
- Develop, manage, and maintain data pipelines for Insurance Data needs on Cloud (AWS and GCP) and Hadoop platforms
- Develop low friction APIs, highly responsive RESTful web UIs, and the backend to support them.
- Utilizing Team Foundation Server Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Nexus IQ/Repo and SonarQube to enable CI / CD.
- Develop automation using scripting languages such as Python, Shell, PowerShell, and Bash
- Support Hadoop Applications such as Sqoop, Hue, Impala, Hive, HBase
- Implement and support streaming technologies such as Kafka, Spark & Kudu
- Partner with the infrastructure, network, marketing, application, and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability.
- Work with enterprise and solution architects to develop a Big Data cloud architecture and implement.
- Working as part of DevOps teams to accelerate the delivery of business value.
- 5+ years of experience as a Developer with at least 2 years in a Cloud Service environment
- Solid understanding of Cloud technology (preferably AWS- EC2, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, GLUE) and Big Data platforms (Hadoop)
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one modern general-purpose programming languages (Java, C++, Python, etc.)
- Experience building low friction APIs, highly responsive RESTful web UIs, and the backend to support them.
- Experience with data modeling and business logic.
- Experience with Cloud security and Microservices.
- Familiarity with DevOps software development methods.
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Ability to work with a variety of teams and be passionate about building cutting-edge solutions to solve problems with the right technologies.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, testing, deployment and operations.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience with automated deployments and source code/configuration management tools such as GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Terraform, etc.
- Ability to understand the big picture and drive the initiatives the lead to completion of the overall big picture
- Excellent time management skills, strong organizational skills and detail orientation required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and must also be a logical thinker with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
No Corp to Corp
No third party candidates considered for this position
If qualified and interested in this opportunity, please reply to JO#6678 along with a copy of your updated resume.