Agile PM -IT PMO
|Location||Irvine, California 92714|
|Date Posted||December 02, 2021|
|Pay rate||$65 /hour|
Please note this position requires the successful completion of a background check, drug screen, and employment and education verification prior to starting work.
Looking for a talented Agile Project Manager in the Costa Mesa, CA area to lead specific projects within the Infrastructure and Commercial IT program. This position will require implementing and deploying next-generation Infrastructure platforms, IAAS and DevOps.
This position will be responsible for managing several concurrent, high-visibility projects in a fast-paced environment that crosses multiple business units and IT Groups. The Project manager will be responsible for integrated planning across multiple teams, overseeing all Agile governance ceremonies, leading steering committee meetings, driving agile adoption consistency and transparency as well as reporting on KPI's and managing project budgets.
This position requires high organization, planning and leadership skills, along with the ability to drive agile project management best practices in areas very specific to:
- Business-centric decision making.
- Laser focus on achieving business outcomes through optimal delivery execution.
- Change management and b) stakeholder engagement.
- Lead more than one scrum team in moderate to high complexity projects. Oversee scrum process and coach the teams on how to use scrum and Agile practices and methodology.
- Define, Drive and establish the Themes, Epics and tasks that are needed to achieve incremental delivery aligning with Business milestones.
- Drive and facilitate Sprint and PI Planning. Ensure that task estimates align with Business Outcomes and Milestones. Responsible for developing the integrated roadmap and detailed and forward-looking plans at least 2 sprints ahead.
- Helps manage interdependencies between agile teams.
- Managing people in an unpredictable and stressful environment - In agile projects, project timelines are critical. Project Manager ensures the sprint of the project is completed on time.
- Has daily accountability for all program process, risk and issue mitigation and successful implementation. Guides multiple projects via structured management processes and template artifacts to guarantee success.
- Build a cohesive, high-performing project team to achieve results Managing project financials, project status report, change management, governance, role identification and business communication to the stakeholders.
- Oversee the sharing and prioritization of resources among projects Provide input and improvements to the IT PMO process Coach and mentor junior staff
- Looking for local candidates to work onsite/remote.
- Strong knowledge of Agile principles and concepts. Jira and Confluence expert knowledge is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholder expectations, lead discussions, and get business stakeholders buy-in to solution proposals Ensures Scrum practices, theories, and techniques are understood, enacted, and followed. Guides and empowers delivery teams to self-organize, within constraints of Scrum and project goals. Facilitates building working agreements with others.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues Fluency in both written and spoken English Excellent leadership, problem-solving, organizational, presentation skills, analytical & critical thinking skills with an ability to manage competing demands Proven track record of delivery medium and high complexity projects and programs identifying, and leading continuous improvement as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Ability to proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization Ability to lead others during ambiguity Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish and maintain stakeholder trust and confidence
- Ability to influence others without having direct authority over them
- 4 or more years of experience as an Agile project manager within enterprise IT Infrastructure with a track record of managing medium, complex projects in a medical device or life sciences vertical.
- Demonstrated track record of presenting detailed status reports across multiple stakeholder levels aligning with Agile KPI's.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline required
Experience in mid to large size global organizations is preferred but not required Experience within a medical device or life sciences organization is preferred but not required Master's degree a plus In-depth knowledge of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) with 4 or more years' experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner or Agile Coach Scrum Master Certification from Scrum Alliance highly desired.
No Corp to Corp
No third party candidates considered for this position
Local candidates are encourage to apply
If you are interested in this position and feel you are qualified, please apply to JO#6602 along with your updated resume.