Android QA Engineer
|Date Posted||December 02, 2021|
|Pay rate||$64 /hour|
Currently seeking a Mobile/Android QA Engineer to join the team in a remote capacity for a 6 month contract with possible extensions
Please note this position requires the successful completion of a background check, drug screen, and employment and education verification prior to starting work
This role will join the Android and iOS mobile application teams and will be responsible for the design, creation, and execution of manual and automated tests for mobile applications. A successful candidate will effectively collaborate with software engineers, business product owners, and IT specialists using Agile methodologies to develop high quality software.
- Perform complex manual and automated white box testing on mobile application distributed .NET/JAVA APIs and the associated Android/iOS mobile applications which use them
- Create, maintain, execute & extend manual and automated tests to ensure efficient and sufficient test coverage of mobile applications and their associated APIs
- Troubleshoot, isolate, and document problems encountered during testing
- Collaborate with mobile application API developers to help create high value unit tests
- Support QA analysts with script creation & execution questions/problems
- Generally, help improve mobile application API testing processes, tools, and methodology
Education and Experience:
- BS degree required
- 3-5 years of QA Engineering experience
- Experience in an Agile, continuous integration environment
- 2 years of experience testing iOS and/or Android mobile applications
- 2 or more years’ experience with white-box software testing
- Experience with any automation framework. And not just writing automation test cases but modifying/improving automation framework through coding.
- One programming language knowledge
- Understanding of basic software design patterns
- Highly collaborative team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Insightful and logical problem isolation & solving skills
- Results driven and goal oriented
- Able to independently adapt & thrive through change… but know when to ask for help
- Demonstrated skill using code repositories (Git)
- 2or more years of hands-on experience with test automation tools (Espresso, XCUI Test, Calabash, MonkeyTalk, UFT, Perfecto Mobile, Appium, etc.)
- 2 or more years of experience testing back-end APIs
- Experience with testing tools such as Charles Proxy, WireMock, etc.
Nice to have – experience with Appium or XCUI Test. Java programming language.
Big plus – experience with Android Espresso or UIAutomator. Kotlin programming language.
Bachelor’s degree required with 2 or more years’ experience with white-box software testing
Experience in an Agile, continuous integration environment
MS in Computer Science or technology-related is a plus
No Corp to Corp
No third party candidates considered for this position
Remote in a preferred area - Southern CA
If you are interested in this position and feel you are qualified, please apply to JO#6594 along with your updated resume