Data Science Manager
|Location||Costa Mesa, California 92626|
|Date Posted||October 20, 2021|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Seeking a full time Data Science Manager in the Irvine, CA area
The Data Science Manager is a member of the leadership team in the Big Data department that will provide a broad strategic direction for Big Data team along with being a skilled hands-on practitioner for a wide variety of needs. You will lead entire projects from inception to completion and communicate with Business and IT partners to plan and achieve project initiatives. Looking for someone that is committed to leading projects according to accelerated timelines and ensuring all analysts under its stewardship have the resources and support needed to complete tasks on time.
- Provide broad strategic direction for team across projects, including evaluating potential projects for applicability to the Big Data mission and obtaining necessary tools, technologies for the team to be successful.
- Identify proper data sources necessary for projects and ensure they are accurately imported and joined. Create execution plan and assist analysts in their efforts to implement. This includes thorough evaluation of external data possibilities and cost vs. benefit, ability to automate data retrieval, etc.
- Identify proper analytic methodology and ensure analytic efforts are executed correctly. Create execution plans and assist analysts in efforts to implement.
- Ensure all projects have proper documentation taking into account potential regulatory, legal, or business concerns.
- Lead and mentor analysts and other senior resources including division of tasks/resources across projects and ensuring analysts are productive and grow.
- Lead communication of project results/challenges to business partners in ways they can understand. Proactive communication of delays to planned efforts.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or technical field (math, statistics, computer science) with Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience in a traditional data or analytics corporate environment
- Strong SQL skills
- R, Python, Tableau familiarity (expertise in at least 1)
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Distributed Systems, and Big Data ecosystem
- Able to rapidly learn new processes/subjects
- Innovative mindset with demonstrated creativity or innovation in some past work experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, whether in a formal or informal role
- Ability to understand the big picture and drive the initiatives the lead to completion of the overall big picture
- Ability to work in cross-functional/departmental groups and keep multiple moving pieces straight
- Strong C-level communication skills
- Strong project management skills across separate functional teams
- Mentor and assist analysts in their respective functions and responsibilities.
- Health coverage for medical, dental, vision
- 401(K) saving plan with company match AND Pension
- Tuition assistance
- PTO for community volunteer programs
- Wellness program
- Employee discounts
No Corp to Corp
No third party candidates considered for this position
If qualified and interested in this opportunity, please reply to JO#6567 along with a copy of your updated resume.